Why are we PYP at WPS?
We feel the PYP provides an ideal foundation for ākonga to become successful, lifelong learners by developing their:
- social and emotional well-being
- independence, as they take responsibility for their own learning
- international mindedness
- understanding of the world and their ability to function effectively within it
- attitudes and dispositions for learning
- ability to take mindful, appropriate and sustainable student-initiated action
International Baccalaureate Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
At the heart of the programme is the learner profile. We feel that nurturing these attributes promote the qualities that support our school values, vision and the IB mission statements.