Parents and Co is not just for parents at Waiheke Primary School, it is for anyone who wants to see the school thrive, and our children get the best of start in life.
We have some serious objectives, but we have some great fun pulling together, and creating some really great events:
· Raise funds for projects/goals that will benefit our children’s education
· Provide a communication link between home and school
· Support & promote parent/teacher education
· Encourage whānau involvement in all aspects of the school community
Two of the campaigns we keep supporting throughout the year are:
· Parent volunteers / police vetting – if you want to volunteer to help with any of the school activities working with the children, you need to be police checked. We cover the cost of the application. Just fill in the form, and take it in to the office to be processed (along with two forms of ID). Please allow about 3 weeks for the process. You can pick up a hard copy of the form in the school office, or you can print it from here. https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-services/businesses-and-organisations/nz-police-vetting-service/forms-and-guides
· Givealittle page – we need more LSAs (Learning Support Assistants / teacher aides) at our school, and for just $25 you can make a real difference by funding an hour of their time. Read more about this essential service, and find out how you can make a difference: https://givealittle.co.nz/org/waihekeprimaryneedsmorelsas
· Hardship Fund - If any families are in need of financial assistance for school commitments, such as sports trips, stationery or uniforms, help could be just a conversation away. Please reach out to either P&Co (Lucy 022 637 6246) or our Principal - email@example.com
If you would like to see more information about our governance framework, you can read the Agreement between WPS and the Board of Trustees, and the Parents and Co Constitution here.
We are keen to hear from everyone all year round, so if you have any brilliant ideas, or just have a few questions about what’s going on, please do give us a call. Lucy 022 637 6246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We catch up twice a term for general committee meetings, and everyone is welcome.
Introducing your committee:
Each year, March is re-election time, so for the 2022-2023 committee your executive positions are: