Parents and Co is not just for parents at Waiheke Primary School, it is for anyone who wants to see the school thrive, and our children get the best of start in life.
We have some serious objectives, but we have some great fun pulling together, and creating some really great events:
· Raise funds for projects/goals that will benefit our children’s education
· Provide a communication link between home and school
· Support & promote parent/teacher education
· Encourage whānau involvement in all aspects of the school community
Two of the campaigns we keep supporting throughout the year are:
· Parent volunteers / police vetting – if you want to volunteer to help with any of the school activities working with the children, you need to be police checked. We cover the cost of the application. Just fill in the form, and take it in to the office to be processed (along with two forms of ID). Please allow about 3 weeks for the process. You can pick up a hard copy of the form in the school office, or you can print it from here. https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-services/businesses-and-organisations/nz-police-vetting-service/forms-and-guides
· Givealittle page – we need more LSAs (Learning Support Assistants / teacher aides) at our school, and for just $25 you can make a real difference by funding an hour of their time. Read more about this essential service, and find out how you can make a difference: https://givealittle.co.nz/org/waihekeprimaryneedsmorelsas
We are keen to hear from everyone all year round, so if you have any brilliant ideas, or just have a few questions about what’s going on, please do give us a call. Lucy 022 637 6246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We catch up twice a term for general committee meetings, and everyone is welcome. If you can’t make it, but you want to see something on the agenda please let us know in advance, and we will add it to the agenda.
Our next meeting is Tuesday 24th May 7:30pm at the school hall. This is an important meeting, as we will be deciding on the events for the year. Here’s the agenda so far. We would love to see you there!
· Previous actions
· Chairperson Appointment – vote on candidates
· Class Parent Reps – confirm volunteers
· Comms plan – good news stories of the funds raised to date, and our social media strategy
· Fundraisers – options include, but are not limited to: Quiz Night, Carnival, Calendars, Samosa, bowling etc
· Non-fundraising activities – End of year picnic, Cinema night
· Any other business
· Agree next meeting (circa week 9)
Introducing your committee:
Each year, March is re-election time, so for the 2022-2023 committee your three executive positions are: