Waiheke Primary School has a permanent, part time position as school caretaker available for an immediate start.
This position is for 25 hours per week (52 weeks per year, holidays inclusive)
We are looking for a reliable, energetic caretaker for our school. The position involves carrying out a wide range of duties to help us ensure that our school is maintained as a safe, clean and secure environment.
The role includes but is not limited to:
· Maintaining school equipment and buildings
· Pump room and water management
· Marking and maintenance of school grounds
· Collection and disposal of recycling and rubbish
· Carrying out and recording Building Warrant of Fitness checks
· Ensuring the school is compliant in all health and safety matters
· Arranging contractors to carry out specialist work
This position requires a proactive, reliable person who is able to work alongside staff and students in a busy school environment.
Excellent health, time management skills, interpersonal skills, flexibility and a willingness to jump in when required is essential. Basic handyman skills to carry out repairs and maintenance would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will need to pass a ‘clean slate’ police vet.
A job description is available by 'clicking here'.
An application form is available by 'clicking here'.
When applying, please include a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position along with the completed application form and send it to email@example.com
Applications close 4 August 2021 at 3pm.